• A two-time winner in 2016, at Iowa and Pocono, to finish sixth in the drivers’ championship for the second consecutive season.
• Scored three wins in 2014, including the 98th running of the Indianapolis 500, to finish sixth in the drivers’ championship.
• Won four times, including three consecutive victories (Milwaukee, Iowa, Toronto, Baltimore) and scored four more top-10 results to win the 2012 IZOD IndyCar Series Championship. Was the first American driver to win the title in a unified IndyCar series since Al Unser Jr. in 1994.
• Was IndyCar series Rookie of the Year in 2007.
• Prior to joining IndyCar, was a regular in the Champ Car World Series, scoring his first victory in 2003 (Surfers Paradise, Australia) and recorded his first oval track win in 2004 (Milwaukee).
Biography provided by: